Fun at Denver Fall Festivals!
At Sloane’s Carpet Secret, we pride ourselves on bringing you the best carpet selection for less in Colorado. We personally think we have great taste, not just in carpet, but also in events happening around the great city of Denver. This month, we urge you to check out some of the amazing fun at Denver fall festivals! Some of these are fall-themed, while others are just a good time.
- Fright Fest at Elitch Gardens: When we typically think of Elitch’s, we think of summertime. However, the theme park transforms into a Halloween haven every weekend in October. During the day, kids can trick-or-treat throughout the park, and then the ghosts and goblins come out at night for haunted houses and other spookier activities. Of course, all of your favorite Elitch Gardens rides are also open! Tickets are $31.99 for children and $35.99 for adults, but you can save on those prices with a ticket package.
- Boo at the Zoo: The Denver Zoo is famous for their holiday-specific celebrations, and Boo at the Zoo is no different. You will find trick-or-treating stations for the little ones, delicious food and drinks, entertainment and, of course, you can visit your favorite animals. This event is on October 22-23 and October 29-30, and the festival is included in your admission price ($17 for adults and $12 for kids) or with your membership if you have one.
- Denver Zombie Crawl: This free event takes place at Skyline Park on October 22 and is not to be missed! The festivities take place from noon to 6pm; there will be a 5K crawl down the 16th Street Mall as well as a parade, and vendors line the streets. Expect some amazing costumes and a whole lot of bloody fun. Although it is a free event, in order to participate you do need to register. If you just want to watch, all you have to do is show up!
- Denver International Wine Festival: Festivals aren’t necessarily for the whole family, and this one is for 21 and older. Nothing says fall like a nice glass of wine and a fancy day out! This festival will take place at the new Westin Denver International Airport on November 2-4, which means you can really make a weekend out of it and stay at this gorgeous hotel. The Train to the Plane also makes transportation as easy as can be! There will be a huge selection of domestic and international wines, and delicious food will also be served. This is the priciest festival on our list, but we wanted to make sure we included it in case you were looking for a fall vacation.
- Denver Film Festival: In recent years, Denver has become a major player in the film festival circuit. The Denver Film Festival takes place November 2-13 this year and will showcase more than 250 films of all genres. If you love, like or are even indifferent to film, this festival will have something for you. A bonus: you will be ahead of the awards show curve and can impress your friends with the highbrow movies you have seen! You can get discounts on ticket packages until October 9.
- Denver Arts Week: This amazing event takes place November 4-12, and it is no coincidence that Denver Arts Week overlaps with the Denver Film Festival. Denver has a vibrant arts culture, and the first two weeks of November celebrate all mediums! There are hundreds of different art-related events throughout this time. Denver’s museums offer free and discounted admission, the famous First Friday Art Walk will take place on November 4, and there are receptions, gallery openings and concerts every day. You can immerse yourself in art and beauty, which may be necessary given that the event overlaps with the election!
How to Use This Information
From the scoop on festivals in the area to the best deals in carpet, Sloane’s Carpet Secret has it all, and we want to make sure you get the best service around for the best possible price. Come see us on weekends or call us at (303) 300-9555. You can also contact us online—we love to hear from our wonderful customers! We hope you have a fun at Denver fall festivals!